Mother's Day Book Fails

Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Last week was a busy one! We had Grandparent's Week (that's right, WEEK), and then it was Mother's Day on Sunday. After doing a LOT for grandparents, I decided it would be best to just do an easy activity for Mother's Day. I headed over to TPT, my favorite place in the world, and came across a Mother's Day book by Deanna Jump (check her out!) and decided to print out 19 of the pages for each kid, and they could decide which ones they wanted to do and then make into a book for their mothers. Most of it went well, but there were some "fails" as well.


First off, can we address how many students thought their moms would like it if they acknowledged their favorite drink was alcohol?  I had so many students write their mother's favorite drink was beer, wine, etc., that we had to get together and brainstorm different ideas.  It was one of those times where I was dying of laughter on the inside, and barely keeping it together on the outside!  ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜ƒ


I'm guessing this came from a mom that has a tough job and is always tired.  Hot dogs, wine, and Netflix?  Sign me up!


I guess the creator of this product thought it would be funny to have kids guess how much their mom weighs, but one of my 2nd-graders outsmarted her! She knows better!

Last but not least is my favorite one. THIS must be a fun household to be a part of!


No comments